Tuesday, September 28, 2010

234/365

234 down, 131 to go.

When I started this 365 day blog challenge, I wasn't even quite sure why I was doing it.

200+ days in, I'm still not really sure, but I have a couple of thoughts:
  • I needed some sort of discipline in my life. Why I've been able to do this consistently, I'm not really sure. I've never done anything like this with the same sort of discipline. (Ask me how many times I've read my bible or prayed in this same period of time. One guess).
  • A wise counselor told me that I needed to be known by more people. I am, what some would consider, an under-sharer. I prefer to ask questions and listen, then to share about myself. I don't know that I intentionally wanted to be more "known", but I did want to share about our lives and how I see things.
The posts I write are glimpses of me in this season of life. The thoughts, perspectives, struggles and joys are what I am working through in my life and in my head as I write. This, this and this may look differently when I am 40, 50 or 90.

I get that people have opinions about what I write. I actually like it. It makes life more interesting, especially when they comment. I can expend a lot of emotional energy when I hear of folks that 'disapprove', or are talking about me. Today was one of those days. However, I've decided that I can't care anymore.

I can't care because this is my life. My honest truth, my way of looking at life, my journey of parenting, marriage and faith. I can't and won't apologize for it anymore.

2 comments:

ACJ said...

Because I'm a narcissist, I've assumed this is about me and you want me to leave you alone.

But probably I won't, so I'll just apologize for anything I've contributed to your blog that further antagonizes those who read and don't feel at home.

Maybe you should just post recipes? Those are nice and neutral.

Ha!

Nadia said...

As much as I'd like to blame you, I can't. Although I'm sure some of our comments back and forth generate just as much conversation as the blog topic.

Friends have never let me down on this blog. They may not like what I say/write, but they are usually willing to let me know that. And I value that. A lot.