Saturday, September 11, 2010

A day at the farm

There is an annual event out here in the village that we have been taking the girls too for the last 3 years....A Day at the Farm. This year is was actually dry, although windy. We sampled different types of apples and pears, yogurt locally made, the girls watched a cow being milked and got to try themselves, rode a hay wagon for a tour of the 130 acre farm, watched a bee hive in action and petted all the farm animals. My favorite booth was the WestCoast seed booth where they were giving all 50 different kinds of seeds. I limited myself to 10....quite the self discipline, I know!

Watching the cow milking demonstration:


Hay Ride:




Milking a cow...sort of...

I love taking the girls to events like this. Pookie begged me to buy a farm on the way home...If only.

2 comments:

ACJ said...

You know about these guys, right: http://www.arocha.org/ca-en/index.html. You need to check them out.

Nadia said...

Yeah, I have good friends that work there. They actually published something I wrote for them around faith, gardening and kids.