Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Raising a Lefty.

Glitter glue + a 4 year old lefty = Gigantic mess

I have always wanted to be a Lefty. Just thought it looked cool and different. At best, I'm mildly ambidextrous. When Pookie started drawing, she would switch from right to left and got my hopes up. But she eventually became a strong righty. Bear is definitely a Lefty, if not a true ambidextrous. (My grandmother was a true ambidextrous).

Of course my excitement knew no bounds! Until I realized that until Bear truly got a grip on writing, drawing and painting, we are doomed to have the following scenarios:
  1. A left hand perpetually dirty
  2. Smudged paintings, drawings and printing
  3. A very upset Bear due to point #2
  4. Dirty shirt sleeves
  5. And glitter glue disasters

But, as my good friend E said to me, "You are lucky, left handed people are really, really smart...Seriously, I never met a stupid left handed person"

It was his way of encouraging me through the mess! Thanks buddy.

1 comment:

ACJ said...

Do you know that US Presidents are unusually left-handed compared to the general population? Like, at least 7 or 8 of them, including the current awesome one?