Saturday, January 8, 2011

Bambi on the Barbie.

Tonight we had a lovely dinner invitation to our good friends, the Oldhams. When we arrived, the kids immediately disappeared to play and we were left to casually prepare for dinner. At one point we realized that all the food was ready and the kids were still happily playing, we did something that has rarely happened in the 7.5 years that we've had kids.

We ate first.

When the food was still hot. A minor miracle.

And it was delicious as per usual. It was the first time I've ever eaten deer and it was pretty good. The deer was a whitetail deer, and I made some sort of joke about eating Bambi...(out of earshot of my daughters of course!) Then as Jayson was heading outside to get the food, he commented that it was time to get the Bambi on the Barbie...

Is it wrong that I got a weird visual picture of that?!?!? I've watched too many Disney movies, I think.

1 comment:

kelly ens said...

i LOVE that you guys ate first. well deserved :)