Sunday, January 9, 2011

A blog you should check out.

As I mentioned earlier this week, I came across a list of top Christian blogs. Today I clicked on Stuff Christian Culture likes written by one of the few women on the list. I didn't click on it so much because she was a woman, but rather because of the title. (I'm shallow like that. I'll pick up a book if the cover is appealing or catchy. It could be the book of the year, but if it has a crappy title or cover, I ain't reading it.)

Oh my. Today's post made me laugh out loud. Mostly because we currently attend a church that has one of these signs above the doors. This is my favorite line:

The implication is that you were not in the mission field while you were on church grounds, but in a cozy bubble away fro pesky non-believers and moral miscreants.

Closely followed by this line:
To my knowledge, non one has ever posted one of these signs on the way into a church building, even though a lot of the time you are safer away from a church than inside of it.

I ended up reading about a dozen of her posts and the sad/scary part of it was that I could resonate with nearly all of them. I especially liked her perspective on the 30 day Sex challenge that is currently trendy in mainstream USA churches...as well as her commentary on the American Christians and capitalism. She is refreshingly honest, very intelligent and incredibly funny.






3 comments:

Zed said...

What's her name?? I wanna read!

Nadia said...

Zed,

Click on the link Stuff Christian Culture likes in the blog post. It will take you to the blog.

Zed said...

Ahhh. Je suis un tool box.