Saturday, January 22, 2011

Me and my guy.

Last night my mom called needing some grand-daughter time and wanted to have the girls for most of today. Never one to deny my parents some quality time with the girls, I agreed. So this morning after dropping the girls off, Hubby and I headed off to spend the day together.

We went and did the man/tool shopping to use some of Hubby's accumulated gift cards, then a couple of hours of restocking our food supply. We got a coffee along the way and just took our time.

If you didn't get the significance of that last sentence, let me repeat it: We. Just. Took. Our. Time. No rushing because of impatient kids, or because I need to go get them or had to go to work.

But the best part of the day was not the good feeling of getting the house/larder all stocked up (although that was pretty sweet)...It was the chance to hang out with Hubby without a real agenda. We chatted about serious stuff, we teased each other, flirted, goofed around, shared some of our struggles and some of our hopes and just laughed. It was a good reminder to me how much I love this man and how much I enjoyed just being with him.

I'll stop there before I get too sappy...


2 comments:

kelly ens said...

so very fantastic :)

april johnson said...

awwww.... I really like you two.